- THE BENEFITS OF OMEGA-3 – Omega-3s are fatty acids found in fish oil. These essential fats include EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) and DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) and have been shown to support overall wellness, including heart, brain, joint, eye, and mood health. Research has shown Omega-3 products to support healthy glucose levels, healthy lipid levels in professional athletes, bronchial health, and support the body’s ability to respond to stress in a healthy way.*
- ULTIMATE FORMULA GIVES OPTIMAL RESULTS – Nordic Naturals most popular concentrate, Ultimate Omega contains 1280 mg of omega-3s per serving. A serving of Ultimate Omega exceeds the daily recommended dose suggested by the American Heart Association and has been shown to support a healthy heart. Each serving delivers concentrated EPA and DHA in true triglyceride form for optimal absorption.* Without solicitation, doctors and researchers worldwide choose and recommend this powerful formula.
- BEST ABSORPTION FOR OPTIMUM RESULTS – Our fish oil concentrates come in the triglyceride molecular form, which is the form naturally found in fish and the one your body most easily absorbs. Unlike other brands that use a synthetic fat, ethyl ester, our triglyceride formula ensures optimal absorption.* You will also love the lemon taste! Nordic Naturals is a leader in freshness using natural essence in our patented flavoring process. No fishy smell or aftertaste.
- WILD CAUGHT AND SUSTAINABLY SOURCED – Nordic Naturals has always been at the forefront of sustainable and ethical practices in the natural products industry. Since our founding, we have been committed to using only non-GMO ingredients. Nordic Naturals products are also gluten- and dairy-free with no artificial colors or preservatives. Every batch of Nordic Naturals fish oil is crafted from wild-caught, omega-rich fish from the freshest catch to create quality supplements.
- CONTINUED INNOVATION AND ENDURING VALUES – Nordic Naturals incorporates ethical and socially responsible practices with regard to the environment, corporate transparency, philanthropic partnerships, and education. Our continued innovation is proof that when values are aligned with action, great things can happen. Nordic Naturals carries many Omega products including fish oil supplements and multivitamins. Through science and innovation, we are committed to delivering safe, effective omega oils.
“Love It. Highly Recommend. Best Omega 3 Product On Amazon. ”
I initially was using NutriGold Triple Strength Omega-3 Gold only nice, but some doctors that I respect in the area that actively do research on Omega-3 talked highly of Omega-3 products which were sold in triglyceride form as opposed to ethyl ester form (NutriGold Triple Strength, Lovaza, and also many Omega 3 supplements on the market are at ethyl ester form). I use Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega now, and discover that I do experience less GI symptoms than I used to if I used omega-3 products sold in ethyl ester form.Below is a list of my findings that I also wrote in my review of NutriGold Triple Strength Omega-3 Gold regarding how I determined that this was the Best Omega 3 supplement for me to take.First and foremost: Please speak with your physician before using this strong solution, especially if considering using this to substitute Lovaza/Omacor or Epanova or some other prescription fish oil products.Secondly, lots of this information I trust and use is by consumerlab.com, though in the event that you read the wikipedia page to the website there’s some controversy over how impartial and precise they are. However, with the nutritional supplement business being so unregulated and inducing difficulties in the united states, I utilize any source I can get to make sure supplements I use meet some type of high standard. A consumerlab.com approved product meant that in their individual testing they found that the product met the promises on the tag for levels of omega-3s, quality criteria regarding mercury, lead and PCBs, and were not spoiled.A physician can prescribe prescription fish oil for many reasons such as elevated triglycerides. Prescription fish oils such as Lovaza has 840mg of EPA and DHA a 1 gram, of which roughly 465 is EPA and 375 is DHA.Nutrigold Triple Strength Omega-3 Gold has been the only supplement on the whole aforementioned website that met my standards of providing extremely high concentrations with ratio of EPA to DHA very similar to Lovaza that has been consumerlab.com accepted and was also the cheapest at price per 100 mg of EPA + DHA. Details below:- Nutrigold includes 750mg EPA with 250mg DHA at 1060mg Total Omega-3s with price for 100mg of EPA + DHA being $0.02- OmegaBrite produced by Pure World has 350mg EPA and 50mg DHA in 450mg Total Omega-3s with cost for 100mg of EPA + DHA being $0.11- Vital Oils 1000 made by VitalRemedyMD has 250mg EPA and 750mg DHA at 1020mg Total Omega-3s with price for 100mg of EPA + DHA being $0.10Thus, not only does the NutriGold Triple Power most resemble Lovaza in terms of the ratio of EPA and DHA supplied, it was also the cheapest. Simple decision for me until I started asking the following question. . .IS FISH OIL BETTER IN ETHYL ESTER OR RE-ESTERIFIED TRIGYLCERIDE FORM?Howeverlatest discussions I have had with a published physician and urge for Omega 3s that I respect in the Brain Health Education and Research Institute have led me to believe that omega-3 supplements should maintain triglyceride form rather than ethyl ester. Ethyl ester is cheaper and easier to manufacture, but fish oil occur naturally in triglyceride form. To earn ethyl ester type, they expose the fish oil into alcohol so that they can distill the fish oil and focus it while removing contaminants. It was found that people absorb 37% more omega-3 fatty acids in natural fish oil (triglyceride form) than from ethyl ester form (if you would like to look for the content on pubmed, look up PMID 20638827). That said, ethyl ester form is more widely available so most clinical trials with fish oil are achieved on fish oil at ethyl ester type, so they need to be safe. Yes, both the triglyceride and ethyl ester forms end up in the same type on your blood after digestion, but because the triglyceride type is consumed and is more normal, I have decided to buy fish oil that’s in re-esterified triglyceride type, meaning they convert natural fish oil they obtain first to an ester to focus and remove contamination and then convert it back into some trigylceride form. (But, note that some products may be tagged natural but not be triglyceride form.) It is the opinion of some doctors I admire in the field that Omega-3s be a concentrated formula that is molecularly distilled, pharmaceutical grade, and are in re-converted back into triglyceride form. Anecdotally, some physicians have discovered that their patients have the same results with those sorts of nutritional supplements as they did with Lovaza but with decrease in side effects (especially upset stomach). From the consumerlab.com list that leaves only two supplements: NutriGold Triglyceride Omega-3 Gold (supplying 400mg EPA and 200mg DHA with Complete of 700mg Omega-3s, at $0.03 per 100mg of EPA + DHA) and Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega (supplying 325mg EPA and 225mg DHA with Complete Omega-3s of 640mg, at $0.06 per 100mg of EPA + DHA). For my personal use, I’ve switched to Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega but may try out the Nutrigold Triglyceride Omega-3 Gold soon.Bottom Line: Consider utilizing NutriGold Triple Strength Omega-3 Gold in the event you just need a Lovaza substitute and don’t care if it is in ethyl ester form (since Lovaza is in ethyl ester form). If you are a hippie and like things more organic, or you’re doing your own research and discover the Insulin form of omega-3 might be better or better for you, think about Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega or even Nutrigold Triglyceride Omega-3 Gold.